Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre Authority
The Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre Authority (the Authority), is a regional subsidiary established under Section 43 of the Local Government Act 1999 by its Constituent Councils; City of Victor Harbor and Alexandrina Council. The Authority was established in August 2015 to enable joint ownership and management of the aquatic centre.
The Authority is governed by a board of management that is responsible for ensuring the Authority acts in accordance with its Charter and all other relevant legislation. The Board consists of five members (one elected member from each constituent council and three independent members).
Current Board Members are:
- Steve Mathewson, Independent Member and Chairperson
- Mr. Mark Easton, Independent Member and Deputy Chairperson
- Vicki Tomlinson, Independent Member
- Cr Angela Schiller, Council Member Representative - City of Victor Harbor
- Cr Margaret Gardner, Council Member Representative – Alexandrina Council
Constituent Councils have also nominated the following Deputy Council Member representatives:
- Cr Stewart Burns – City of Victor Harbor
- Cr Lou Nicholson – Alexandrina Council
For more information and support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board will meet on the following dates:
|3 February 2023, 9:30am||Alexandrina Council - Large Meeting Room|
|3 March 2023, 9:30am||City of Victor Harbor - Council Chamber|
|31 March 2023, 9:30am||City of Victor Harbor - Council Chamber|
|28 April 2023, 9:30am||Alexandrina Council - Large Meeting Room|
|17 July 2023, 1:30pm||Alexandrina Council - Large Meeting Room|
|8 September 2023, 9:30am||City of Victor Harbor - Encounter Room|
|20 October 2023, 1:00pm||City of Victor Harbor - Encounter Room|
|7 December 2023, 9:30am||City of Victor Harbor - Encounter Room|
The Board will hold workshops on the following dates:
History of the Project
After decades of investigations and planning, followed by a 21-month construction period, our communities' dream of an aquatic facility on the Fleurieu Peninsula's south coast was realised in March 2017.
The $21 million project was a joint initiative of the Alexandrina Council and City of Victor Harbor, with funding support from the Australian Government and State Government's Community, Recreation and Sport Facilities Program; and a generous land donation from Beyond Today.
The two councils worked tirelessly together with our community and key stakeholders to deliver this high-quality facility on time and on budget. We are extremely proud of what we have achieved.
Authority Documents & Reports
Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
View the agendas and minutes of Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre Authority Board Meetings.
- 7 December 2023 Agenda pdf 3.43 MB
- 20 October 2023 Minutes pdf 119 KB
- 20 October 2023 Agenda pdf 10.80 MB
- 8 September 2023 Minutes pdf 125 KB
- 8 September 2023 Agenda pdf 1.71 MB
- 17 July 2023 Minutes pdf 107 KB
- 17 July 2023 Agenda pdf 13.96 MB
- 25 May 2023 Minutes pdf 109 KB
- 28 April 2023 Minutes pdf 130 KB
- 28 April 2023 Agenda pdf 18.11 MB
- 31 March 2023 Minutes pdf 121 KB
- 31 March 2023 Agenda pdf 2.02 MB
- 3 March 2023 Minutes pdf 116 KB
- 3 March 2023 Agenda pdf 2.19 MB
- 3 February 2023 Minutes pdf 133 KB
- 3 February 2023 Agenda pdf 4.36 MB
- 16 December 2022 Minutes pdf 129 KB
- 16 December 2022 Agenda pdf 1.85 MB
- 17 November 2022 Minutes pdf 99 KB
- 17 November 2022 Agenda pdf 188 KB
- 30 September 2022 Minutes pdf 124 KB
- 30 September 2022 Agenda pdf 12.37 MB
- 28 July 2022 Minutes pdf 113 KB
- 28 July 2022 Agenda pdf 7.62 MB
- 10 June 2022 Minutes pdf 142 KB
- 10 June 2022 Agenda pdf 6.72 MB
- 25 March 2022 - Minutes pdf 123 KB
- 25 March 2022 - Agenda pdf 3.02 MB
- 8 February 2022 - Minutes (Out of Session Meeting) pdf 98 KB
- 8 February 2022 - Agenda (Out of Session Meeting) pdf 187 KB
- 28 January 2022 Minutes pdf 125 KB
- 28 January 2022 Agenda pdf 5.91 MB
Click here to view Agenda and Minutes from 2016 - 2021.
Board Workshop Agendas
- 22 Feb 2019 - Workshop Agenda pdf 131 KB
- 16 February 2018 – Workshop Agenda pdf 161 KB
- 18 April 2017 – Workshop Agenda pdf 136 KB
Confidential Items Register
From time to time the public may be excluded from Authority and Committee meetings.
Section 90 of the Local Government Act 1999 provides that a Council, Committee or Subsidiary may order the public to be excluded from attendance at a meeting.
To do this, the Authority must apply for an order which will specify the reason for the order, duration of the order or the circumstances in which the order will cease to apply, or a period after which the order must be reviewed.
The Authority will only make an order that a document associated with a discussion from which the public are excluded will remain confidential if it is considered proper and necessary in the broader community interest.
A review of the reports or documents that are the subject of orders of confidentiality are conducted to ensure that items are released to the public, in accordance with the resolutions of the Authority.
To view the Authority's Confidential Items Register, click here
Minutes can be access by clicking on the relevant meeting under Board Meeting and Agenda Minutes (above)
To view a summary of the Released Documents, click here
To view the individual reports released (where applicable), please click on the relevant link below:
|Meeting Date||Authority / Committee||Report Title|
|29-04-2016||Authority||8.2 Tender Process for Recruitment of Part-Time Executive Officer Contract|
|29-07-2016||Authority||8.1 Executive Officer Selection & Approval to Enter in Contract|
|18-04-2018||Authority||9.1 Audit & Risk Management Committee: Confidential Minutes|
|18-04-2018||Authority||9.2 Draft YMCA Operational Management Key Performance Indicators|
|18-05-2018||Authority||4.1 Adjourned matter – Confidential - FRACA000138 Draft YMCA Operational Management Key Performance Indicators|