Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre Authority
The Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre Authority (the Authority), is a regional subsidiary established under Section 43 of the Local Government Act 1999 by its Constituent Councils; City of Victor Harbor and Alexandrina Council. The Authority was established in August 2015 to enable joint ownership and management of the aquatic centre.
The Authority is governed by a board of management that is responsible for ensuring the Authority acts in accordance with its Charter and all other relevant legislation. The Board consists of five members (one elected member from each constituent council and three independent members).
Current Board Members are:
- Steve Mathewson, Independent Member and Chairperson
- Mr. Mark Easton, Independent Member and Deputy Chairperson
- Cr David Kemp, City of Victor Harbor Elected Member Representative
- Cr Margaret Gardner, Alexandrina Council Elected Member Representative
- Trish Kirkland, Independent Member
The councils have also nominated the following deputy elected member representatives:
Deputy positions currently vacant
For more information and support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board will meet on the following dates:
|9:30am, Friday 11 March 2022 (out of session)||Alexandrina Council Office, Large Meeting Room|
|9:30am, Friday 25 March 2022||Alexandrina Council Office, Large Meeting Room|
|9:30am, Friday 27 May 2022||Victor Harbor City Council Office, Encounter Room|
The Board will hold workshops on the following dates:
|25 February 2022||City of Victor Harbor Council Chambers|
|19 December 2019||Fleurieu Aquatic Centre Meeting Room, Lot 50 Ocean Road, Hayborough|
|22 October 2019||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|27 September 2019||Fleurieu Aquatic Centre Meeting Room, Lot 50 Ocean Road, Hayborough|
|26 July 2019||Fleurieu Aquatic Centre Meeting Room, Lot 50 Ocean Road, Hayborough|
|13 June 2019 (Special Meeting)||City of Victor Harbor Civic Centre, 1 Bay Road Victor Harbor|
|27 May 2019 (Special Meeting)||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|10 May 2019 (Special Meeting)||City of Victor Harbor Civic Centre, 1 Bay Road Victor Harbor|
|18 April 2019||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|22 February 2019||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|11 December 2018||Fleurieu Aquatic Centre Meeting Room, Lot 50 Ocean Road, Hayborough|
|28 September 2018||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|20 July 2018||City of Victor Harbor Civic Centre, 1 Bay Road Victor Harbor|
|18 May 2018||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|18 April 2018||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|16 February 2018||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|12 December 2017||Fleurieu Aquatic Centre Meeting Room, Lot 50 Ocean Road, Hayborough|
|8 September 2017||Fleurieu Aquatic Centre Meeting Room, Lot 50 Ocean Road, Hayborough|
|18 April 2017||City of Victor Harbor Civic Centre, 1 Bay Road Victor Harbor|
History of the Project
After decades of investigations and planning, followed by a 21-month construction period, our communities' dream of an aquatic facility on the Fleurieu Peninsula's south coast was realised in March 2017.
The $21 million project was a joint initiative of the Alexandrina Council and City of Victor Harbor, with funding support from the Australian Government and State Government's Community, Recreation and Sport Facilities Program; and a generous land donation from Beyond Today.
The two councils worked tirelessly together with our community and key stakeholders to deliver this high-quality facility on time and on budget. We are extremely proud of what we have achieved.
Authority Documents & Reports
Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
View the agendas and minutes of Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre Authority Board Meetings.
- 25 March 2022 - Minutes pdf 123 KB
- 25 March 2022 - Agenda pdf 3.02 MB
- 8 February 2022 - Minutes (Out of Session Meeting) pdf 98 KB
- 8 February 2022 - Agenda (Out of Session Meeting) pdf 187 KB
- 28 January 2022 Minutes pdf 125 KB
- 28 January 2022 Agenda pdf 5.91 MB
- 17 December 2021 - Minutes pdf 129 KB
- 17 December 2021 - Agenda pdf 8.92 MB
- 24 September 2021 – Minutes pdf 114 KB
- 24 September 2021 - Agenda pdf 8.29 MB
- 23 July 2021 - Minutes pdf 99 KB
- 23 July 2021 - Agenda pdf 1.21 MB
- 28 May 2021 – Minutes pdf 325 KB
- 28 May 2021 – Agenda pdf 4.56 MB
- Special Board Meeting 23 April 2021 – Minutes pdf 242 KB
- 26 March 2021 – Minutes pdf 395 KB
- 29 January 2021 – Agenda pdf 1.02 MB
- 13 November 2020 – Agenda pdf 7.69 MB
- 28 August 2020 – Minutes pdf 483 KB
- 28 August 2020 – Agenda pdf 1.44 MB
- 22 May 2020 – Minutes pdf 415 KB
- 22 May 2020 - Agenda pdf 1.02 MB
- 24 April 2020 – Agenda pdf 937 KB
- 21 February 2020 – Minutes pdf 313 KB
- 21 February 2020 – Agenda pdf 1.61 MB
Click here to view Agenda and Minutes from 2016 - 2019.
Board Workshop Agendas
- 22 Feb 2019 - Workshop Agenda pdf 131 KB
- 16 February 2018 – Workshop Agenda pdf 161 KB
- 18 April 2017 – Workshop Agenda pdf 136 KB
Confidential Items Register
From time to time the public may be excluded from Authority and Committee meetings.
Section 90 of the Local Government Act 1999 provides that a Council, Committee or Subsidiary may order the public to be excluded from attendance at a meeting.
To do this, the Authority must apply for an order which will specify the reason for the order, duration of the order or the circumstances in which the order will cease to apply, or a period after which the order must be reviewed.
The Authority will only make an order that a document associated with a discussion from which the public are excluded will remain confidential if it is considered proper and necessary in the broader community interest.
A review of the reports or documents that are the subject of orders of confidentiality are conducted to ensure that items are released to the public, in accordance with the resolutions of the Authority.
To view the Authority's Confidential Items Register, click here
Minutes can be access by clicking on the relevant meeting under Board Meeting and Agenda Minutes (above)
To view a summary of the Released Documents, click here
To view the individual reports released (where applicable), please click on the relevant link below:
|Meeting Date||Authority / Committee||Report Title|
|29-04-2016||Authority||8.2 Tender Process for Recruitment of Part-Time Executive Officer Contract|
|29-07-2016||Authority||8.1 Executive Officer Selection & Approval to Enter in Contract|
|18-04-2018||Authority||9.1 Audit & Risk Management Committee: Confidential Minutes|
|18-04-2018||Authority||9.2 Draft YMCA Operational Management Key Performance Indicators|
|18-05-2018||Authority||4.1 Adjourned matter – Confidential - FRACA000138 Draft YMCA Operational Management Key Performance Indicators|