YMCA SA App
The NEW YMCA SA App is based on the industry-leading MyWellness platform taking your fitness experience to the next level with in-app class bookings, bespoke fitness plans, workout tracking, and integrating with all major fitness tracking platforms.
Benefits of the App
- All your activity data in a single app
- Track your workouts indoor and outdoor
- Follow custom workout programs
- View video tutorials on equipment use and correct form
- Upload results and body scans to track progress
- Book and manage group fitness classes
Members can book:
- classes 4 days in advance;
- maximum of 2 bookings per day;
- a total of 4 active bookings at once.
Group Fitness bookings are only accepted via the YMCA SA App. Bookings are not mandatory, but strongly recommended to avoid disappointment.
Non attendance penalties:
- miss a booked class and receive 1 ‘strike’;
- 2 strikes within 14 days results in booking privileges revoked for 2 weeks;
- if required, remove yourself from a booked class through the App at least 1 hour prior to the class to avoid a strike.
Track your workouts and outdoor activity in the App to see all your activity data in one place.
To track outdoor activity or integrate the data from your favorite fitness tracking apps and devices, click the tile on the homepage.
Included in your membership. meet with a qualified trainer at no cost to have a tailored workout program developed and uploaded into the app.
Use the app to guide you through the workout with photos and videos on how to use the equipment and proper technique.
You can also track exercise data such as reps, sets, and weight making it easy to track where you left off last workout and tracking progress.
Upload body composition scans directly into the App providing you with a complete picture of your physical make-up. Detailed analysis of bone, fat and muscle mass by segment enables unprecedented ability to track progress throughout your fitness journey.
All access members receive 2 complimentary body scans per calendar year. Book with Customer Service.
Getting Started with the App & Bookings
The easiest way to get started is to follow the link emailed to you upon joining (or on your first visit for online purchases). Following the emailed link will allow you to finish your account creation (set a password). We can resend this email is needed. Then when you download the App, use your email and the password you set up to login. Please note MyWellness accounts require individual email addresses (two people can't share the same email).
Group Fitness Booking Rules
Members can book Group Fitness classes up to 4 days in advance, with a maximum of 2 bookings per day and a total of 4 active bookings at once. To avoid a 'strike', withdraw any bookings up to 1 hour prior to the start of the class. Group Fitness bookings are not mandatory but strongly encouraged to avoid disappointment, in particular for classes in high demand.
Setting up an account
If you are a member and plan to attend Group Fitness classes then yes, we strongly encourage you to download the App and use it to book your Group Fitness sessions. It is not a requirement to pre-book your Group Fitness, however, some classes regularly fill up with members pre-booking on the App.
The App is also useful for those not using Group Fitness, as it acts as a hub to track all of your fitness and workout activity (all leading health and fitness App integrate into the YMCA SA App). We will also be introducing further functionality including prescribing programs.
Use the new YMCA SA App! Download the app, create a new account, select your YMCA centre, then click 'Book a Session' to view the timetable to see a list of all Group Fitness classes. Keep in mind we need to first approve your account, hence it may be a day before you are able to book through the App.
We do not take bookings in advance via the phone or in-person (only through the YMCA SA App). We do strongly encourage you to pre-book your classes, however, if a class has availability you are welcome to reserve a spot in that class on-site through Customer Service up to 2 hours prior to the start of the class.
- Members can book into up to 2 Group Fitness Classes per day, 4 days (96 hrs) in advance. The total number of 'active' bookings can not exceed 4.
- Members can cancel their bookings with no penalty up to 1 hour before the class. 2 ‘no-shows’ within 2 weeks will result in App booking privileges withheld for 2 weeks.
Members and visit pass holders, scan your membership card as usuals. And let the Customer Service team know your name and that you have booked a session on the App.
Your online customer account is still available for information such as debit payment history, visit history, and updating your payment details. However you are no longer able to book Group Fitness through this system.
For booking Group Fitness, the new YMCA SA App completely replaces the old system (Active Carrot)
There are two likely causes:
- Upon downloading the App and registering a new account we need to verify your membership before you can book. This may take up to 24 hours.
- Please be aware of the 'booking rules'. The class may not yet be available to book. Members can book 72 hours in advance.
If you feel the above two causes do not apply, please give us a call to help troubleshoot.
For email notifications, users should navigate to mywellness.com and login with their credentials, once logged in, select 'settings' (top right within the picture).
Under 'Notification settings', the user can enable or disable email notifications.
For Push notifications and email, within the mywellness app users can select Profile > Settings > Notifications. Here the user can enable or disable push notifications from the mobile app.
Please note you do not need to create MyWellness accounts for your children if you are looking to use the program pool for a swimming session. Setting up an under 16 MyWellness account only comes into play for Active Youth members.
Unfortunately not, and email address is required to utilise the App. While you will be unable to pre-book sessions and group fitness, our staff can help advise you of the times/classes which generally speaking do not fill up and are available for those 'dropping in'.
If you need an email address, create a free one with Outlook or Gmail. Even if you just use it to sign up for the app and not ongoing, you just need to click the link in the confirmation email generated on sign up.
When you download the YMCA SA App you are prompted to either sign-in (existing MyWellness users) or to create a new account. There is no connection to the previous booking system, hence unless you have previously used MyWellness, you need to create a new account. A new account only requires your first and last name, email, date of birth, and gender. Please use the same details you have provided for your membership to enable us to match your MyWellness account to your on-site membership account.
- Consent to the use of your data concerning health for the purposes of delivering the service. This relates to the App being able to connect with other Health apps on your phone, or fitness tracking devices. Once the account is created you can choose whether you establish any of these integrations which brings all your Health data into one location (versus having to use multiple Apps). The consent also pertains to things such as entering your height, weight, heart rate, etc which are used in assigning training programs and other core functions of the App. Again, despite consenting to this in the account creation process, entering this health data is completely optional.
- Enable your location. This is so the app can populate a list of YMCA centres closest to you, enabling you to select your centre). You can disable the Apps permission to access your location after the initial set up if you wish.