Response & Updates
We are open for business!
All centres have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place, meeting, and in many cases exceeding, all government requirements in relation to COVID-19. Many of the initiatives in place will have an impact on how you use your YMCA. Please review the below changes and initiatives to help ensure a positive experience.
As of Monday, 29 June:
- Density requirements ease to 1 person per 2 square metres
- This eases occupancy restrictions in most amenity areas. Some spaces, such as change rooms, will have a signed max occupancy which must be adhered to.
- Group fitness occupancy numbers will be adjusted accordingly.
Almost all YMCA services and programs are either reactivated or in the process of reopening. While we have a variety of measures implemented aligned to our Covid-19 Safety Plans (detailed on this page), for the most part, expect business as usual as of Friday, 19 June.
The following restrictions are still in place:
- Government-mandated closures: water fountains, gym fans.
- Members can easily book Group Fitness through the new YMCA SA App. Some classes may have slightly reduced occupancy.
Details of how easing restrictions will apply:
- Change rooms and showers are open. Some communal showers may be restricted for social distancing.
- KidsClub (childminding) is open. Occupancy may be lower for density requirements.
- Group Fitness is back to normal – plus it’s never been easier to book Group Fitness with the new YMCA SA App (maximum of 3 ‘active’ bookings at any one time, up to 2 per day).
- You will no longer need to book ‘Activity Sessions’ in the gym or pool through the App - just drop-in as usual.
- All Access Member benefits of Reciprocal Rights with other YMCA locations, Free Child Membership access, and Free Friends Friday
As of Monday, 29 June
- Swimming lessons resume (expand below for full details)!
Expand each Centre amenity/service for further details
Membership fees will automatically resume as of Tuesday, 9 June 2020. Your first direct debit will be on Thursday, 11th June. Your last direct debit was on 19 March and the centre closed on 23 March. This means you received 4 days of access and are entitled to 10 days of ‘credit’ from this previous debit period in March. The next direct debit will be on Thursday, 11 June and will take into account your ‘credit’ as well as access between 9 June and 11 June. We know it’s complicated, but rest assured you will not pay for any days you did not have access to the facility.
We understand the continued need for membership flexibility to enable you to resume your membership once you are comfortable to do so. With this in mind, we have reset all members free suspension credit. This means that regardless of the amount of suspension used this calendar year, as of 9 June 2020 you have up to 4 weeks free suspension to use this calendar year. After 4 weeks of free suspension, the suspension automatically switches to $5 per week.
All memberships will resume automatically as of 9 June 2020 unless a suspension request is submitted. Please contact Customer Service regarding Suspension Requests.
Visit Passes & Upfront Memberships
The expiry of visit passes and upfront (prepaid) memberships will be extended by the length of closure. This will be applied automatically, there is no need to contact the centre.
Swimming Lessons resume Monday, 29th of June!
Aligned to Stage 3 of easing restrictions, with a few program amendments we can resume all Swimming Lesson memberships. Most classes will resume as per prior to closure (same day and time), and we will be in touch with the small number of families where a change in time is required.
The YMCA has implemented some changes to the program and your experience in centre to meet, and in many cases exceed government and peak body requirements and guidelines.
Swimming lessons are paid via direct debit membership, in which fortnightly payments pay for the fortnight in advance. As such, direct debits will resume this Thursday, 25/06. This debit will take into account any classes prepaid with the last debit on the 19th of March. This means that if your lesson falls on Thursday through Sunday, the debit this Thursday will be half as it takes into account we still owe you a lesson from your payment in March. If your lesson day is Monday through Wednesday, we owe you two classes, and there will be no charge this Thursday.
Unfortunately, we are unable to ‘suspend’ and hold your spot in a class. As such if you are unable to resume swimming lessons, to prevent fees being paid this Thursday, 25th June you must complete the Online Cancellation Form by 9pm Wednesday, 24th of June.
Our Response to COVID-19
Our response to COVID-19 is constantly changing to adapt to updates in restrictions and industry best practice.
- We are meticulously cleaning and sanitising the centre more than ever before. You will see us throughout the day sanitising high contact locations (doors, handles, equipment, etc). In addition, every evening professional cleaners sanitise our facilities and have been briefed on COVID-19 specific cleaning requirements.
- You will see plenty of signage and communications reinforcing density/occupancy, social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures. In addition to informing you of these requirements, the signage is also present to remind you of the important role you play.
- Come ready to work out, exercise and be active - government recommendation is to keep visits within 1.5 hours.
- Hygiene stations will be placed at entrances and throughout our centres. Please use hand sanitizer frequently, upon entering, exiting, and throughout your time in the centre.
- Proactively monitored by staff, we ask our customers to abide by occupancy/density restrictions. Signage will be placed accordingly reinforcing social distancing requirements (1.5m distances) and noting specific occupancy limits in spaces.
- Customers showing cold/flu-like indications (cough, fever and/or respiratory symptoms) are not permitted in the facility until these symptoms have cleared for a number of days.
- We strongly encourage payment by EFTPOS (debit card/credit card/mobile payment).
- Whenever possible members will be directed online for new memberships, program enrollments, group fitness bookings, outstanding balance payments, etc.
- Water fountains will be temporarily unavailable. Please bring a filled water bottle from home or purchase bottled water from our cafe.
- We encourage all staff and customers to download the COVIDSafe app. All staff have completed COVID-19 infection control training.
- Member and visit pass holder attendance is tracked via card scanning and will be used for contact tracing purposes if required.