Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre Authority
The Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre Authority (the Authority), is a regional subsidiary established under Section 43 of the Local Government Act 1999 by its Constituent Councils; City of Victor Harbor and Alexandrina Council. The Authority was established in August 2015 to enable joint ownership and management of the aquatic centre.
The Authority is governed by a board of management that is responsible for ensuring the Authority acts in accordance with its Charter and all other relevant legislation. The Board consists of five members (one elected member from each constituent council and three independent members).
Current Board Members are:
- Mr. Matt Grant, Independent Member and Chairperson
- Mr. John Coombe OAM, Independent Member and Deputy Chairperson
- Mr. Mark Easton, Independent Member
- Cr David Kemp, City of Victor Harbor Elected Member Representative
- Cr Margaret Gardner, Alexandrina Council Elected Member Representative
The councils have also nominated the following deputy elected member representatives:
- Cr Peter Charles, City of Victor Harbor
The Board is supported by a part-time Executive Officer, Leonie Boothby who can be contacted via email at email@example.com or by phone 0418 296 767.
The Board will meet on the following dates:
|9am Friday, 22 February 2019||Large Meeting Room, Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
The Board will hold workshops on the following dates:
|Friday, 22 February 2019 (commencing at the conclusion of the Board meeting which commences at 9am)||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|Friday, 16 February 2018 (commencing at the conclusion of the Board meeting which commences at 9am)||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|Tuesday 12 December 2017 commencing at 10am||Fleurieu Aquatic Centre Meeting Room, Lot 50 Ocean Road, Hayborough|
|Friday 8 September 2017 commencing at 10am||Fleurieu Aquatic Centre Meeting Room, Lot 50 Ocean Road, Hayborough|
|Tuesday, 18 April 2017 (commencing at the conclusion of the Board meeting which commences at 10am)||City of Victor Harbor Civic Centre, 1 Bay Road Victor Harbor|
History of the Project
After decades of investigations and planning, followed by a 21-month construction period, our communities' dream of an aquatic facility on the Fleurieu Peninsula's south coast was realised in March 2017.
The $21 million project was a joint initiative of the Alexandrina Council and City of Victor Harbor, with funding support from the Australian Government and State Government's Community, Recreation and Sport Facilities Program; and a generous land donation from Beyond Today.
The two councils worked tirelessly together with our community and key stakeholders to deliver this high-quality facility on time and on budget. We are extremely proud of what we have achieved.
Strategic Documents / Reports
- Frac Authority Charter April 2016 pdf 284 KB
- Strategic Plan 2018-2027 pdf 1.27 MB
- Asset Management Plan 2018-2027 pdf 1.04 MB
- Long Term Financial Plan 2018-2027 pdf 380 KB
- 3 Year Business Plan 2018-2021 pdf 2.68 MB
- Asset Accounting Policy pdf 392 KB
- Policy Treasury Management pdf 383 KB
- Allowances Reimbursement Of Expenses Policy May 2018 pdf 265 KB
- Code Of Conduct Board Members May 2018 pdf 240 KB
- Code Of Practice Meeting Procedures May 2018 pdf 283 KB
- Communication Policy May 2018 pdf 226 KB
- Informal Gatherings Policy May 2018 pdf 162 KB
- Internal Financial Controls Policy Sep 2018 pdf 232 KB
- Procurement Policy May 2018 pdf 267 KB
- Public Consultation Policy pdf 155 KB
- Records Management Policy May 2018 pdf 311 KB
- Risk Management Policy May 2018 pdf 244 KB
- Disposal Of Land And Assets Policy pdf 381 KB
- Donations Policy pdf 363 KB
- Fraca Policy Sponsorship pdf 299 KB
- Sustainability Policy pdf 315 KB
- Whs Contractor Management Policy pdf 322 KB
- Work Health Safety And Return To Work Policy pdf 369 KB
- Process Consideration Of Partnership Proposals pdf 233 KB
Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
View the agendas and minutes of Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre Authority Board Meetings.
- 26 July 2019 – Minutes pdf 299 KB
- Special Board Meeting 13 June 2019 – Minutes pdf 160 KB
- Special Board Meeting 13 June 2019 – Agenda pdf 916 KB
- Special Board Meeting 27 May 2019 – Minutes pdf 195 KB
- Special Board Meeting 27 May 2019 - Agenda pdf 4.24 MB
- Special Board Meeting 10 May 2019 – Minutes pdf 176 KB
- Special Board Meeting 10 May 2019 – Agenda pdf 878 KB
- 18 April 2019 – Minutes pdf 275 KB
- 18 April 2019 – Agenda pdf 4.16 MB
- 22 February 2019 - Agenda pdf 2.68 MB
- 22 February 2019 – Minutes pdf 341 KB
Click here to view Agenda and Minutes from 2016 - 2018.
Board Workshop Agendas
- 22 Feb 2019 - Workshop Agenda pdf 131 KB
- 16 February 2018 – Workshop Agenda pdf 161 KB
- 18 April 2017 – Workshop Agenda pdf 136 KB
Confidential Items Register
From time to time the public may be excluded from Authority and Committee meetings.
Section 90 of the Local Government Act 1999 provides that a Council, Committee or Subsidiary may order the public to be excluded from attendance at a meeting.
To do this, the Authority must apply for an order which will specify the reason for the order, duration of the order or the circumstances in which the order will cease to apply, or a period after which the order must be reviewed.
The Authority will only make an order that a document associated with a discussion from which the public are excluded will remain confidential if it is considered proper and necessary in the broader community interest.
A review of the reports or documents that are the subject of orders of confidentiality are conducted to ensure that items are released to the public, in accordance with the resolutions of the Authority.
To view the Authority's Confidential Items Register, click here
Minutes can be access by clicking on the relevant meeting under Board Meeting and Agenda Minutes (above)
To view a summary of the Released Documents, click here
To view the individual reports released (where applicable), please click on the relevant link below:
|Meeting Date||Authority / Committee||Report Title|
|29-04-2016||Authority||8.2 Tender Process for Recruitment of Part-Time Executive Officer Contract|
|29-07-2016||Authority||8.1 Executive Officer Selection & Approval to Enter in Contract|
|18-04-2018||Authority||9.1 Audit & Risk Management Committee: Confidential Minutes|
|18-04-2018||Authority||9.2 Draft YMCA Operational Management Key Performance Indicators|
|18-05-2018||Authority||4.1 Adjourned matter – Confidential - FRACA000138 Draft YMCA Operational Management Key Performance Indicators|