Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre Authority
The Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre Authority (the Authority), is a regional subsidiary established under Section 43 of the Local Government Act 1999 by its Constituent Councils; City of Victor Harbor and Alexandrina Council. The Authority was established in August 2015 to enable joint ownership and management of the aquatic centre.
The Authority is governed by a board of management that is responsible for ensuring the Authority acts in accordance with its Charter and all other relevant legislation. The inaugural Board was appointed in April 2016 and consists of five members (one elected member from each constituent council and three independent members).
Current Board Members are:
- Mr. David Cooke, Independent Member and Chairperson
- Mr. John Coombe OAM, Independent Member and Deputy Chairperson
- Ms. Alison Kimber, Independent Member
- Cr Pat Chigwidden, City of Victor Harbor Elected Member Representative
- Cr Madeleine Walker, Alexandrina Council Elected Member Representative
The councils have also nominated the following deputy elected member representatives:
- Mayor Graham Philp, City of Victor Harbor
- Cr Grant Gartrell, Alexandrina Council
The Board is supported by a part-time Executive Officer, Leonie Boothby who can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0418 296 767.
The Board will meet on the following dates:
|Tuesday, 18 April 2017||City of Victor Harbor Civic Centre, 1 Bay Road Victor Harbor|
|Friday, 26 May 2017||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|Friday, 28 July 2017||City of Victor Harbor – Council Chambers, Civic Centre, 1 Bay Road, Victor Harbor|
|Friday, 8 September 2017||Fleurieu Aquatic Centre Meeting Room – Lot 50 Ocean Road, Hayborough|
|Friday, 22 September 2017||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|Friday, 17 November 2017||City of Victor Harbor Civic Centre, 1 Bay Road Victor Harbor|
|Friday, 16 February 2018||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|Friday, 20 April 2018||City of Victor Harbor Civic Centre, 1 Bay Road Victor Harbor|
|Friday, 18 May 2018||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|Friday, 20 July 2018||City of Victor Harbor Civic Centre, 1 Bay Road Victor Harbor|
|Friday, 21 September 2018||Alexandrina Council Office – 11 Cadell St Goolwa|
|Friday, 9 November 2018||City of Victor Harbor Civic Centre, 1 Bay Road Victor Harbor|
All meetings commence at 10am.
The Board will hold workshops on the following dates:
|Friday 8 September 2017 commencing at10am||Fleurieu Aquatic Centre Meeting Room, Lot 50 Ocean Road, Hayborough|
|Tuesday, 18 April 2017|
(commencing at the conclusion of the Board meeting which commences at 10am)
|City of Victor Harbor Civic Centre, 1 Bay Road Victor Harbor|
History of the Project
After decades of investigations and planning, followed by a 21-month construction period, our communities' dream of an aquatic facility on the Fleurieu Peninsula's south coast was realised in March 2017.
The $21 million project was a joint initiative of the Alexandrina Council and City of Victor Harbor, with funding support from the Australian Government and State Government's Community, Recreation and Sport Facilities Program; and a generous land donation from Beyond Today.
The two councils worked tirelessly together with our community and key stakeholders to deliver this high-quality facility on time and on budget. We are extremely proud of what we have achieved.
Strategic Documents / Reports
- Policy Allowances Reimbursement Of Expenses pdf 84 KB
- Policy Code Of Conduct Board Members pdf 73 KB
- Policy Code Of Practice Meeting Procedures pdf 120 KB
- Policy Communication pdf 62 KB
- Policy Disposal Of Land And Assets pdf 381 KB
- Policy Informal Gatherings pdf 47 KB
- Policy Procurement pdf 104 KB
- Policy Records Management pdf 122 KB
- Policy Risk Management pdf 84 KB
- Policy Sustainability pdf 315 KB
- Policy Whs Contractor Management pdf 322 KB
- Policy Work Health Safety And Return To Work pdf 369 KB
- Policy Donations pdf 355 KB
- Asset Accounting Policy pdf 392 KB
- Internal Financial Controls Policy pdf 386 KB
Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
View the agendas and minutes of Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre Authority Board Meetings.
- 17 November 2017 – Agenda pdf 3.09 MB
- 22 September 2017 Minutes pdf 234 KB
- 22 September 2017 Agenda pdf 2.18 MB
- 8 September 2017 – Minutes pdf 195 KB
- 8 September 2017 – Agenda pdf 735 KB
- 28 July 2017 – Minutes pdf 282 KB
- 28 July 2017 – Agenda pdf 3.59 MB
- 26 May 2017 – Minutes pdf 304 KB
- 26 May 2017 – Agenda pdf 8.51 MB
- 18 April 2017 – Minutes pdf 289 KB
- 18 April 2017 – Agenda pdf 3.15 MB
- 17 February 2017 – Agenda pdf 2.49 MB
- 17 February 2017 – Minutes pdf 244 KB
- 10 February 2017 – Agenda pdf 794 KB
- 10 February 2017 – Minutes pdf 165 KB
Click here to view Agenda and Minutes from 2016.