Response & Updates
1.12.2020 COVID-19 Update
Aligned to recent clarification on the Emergency Services Directive released yesterday (30.11.2020), YMCA Centres will resume swimming lessons on Wednesday 2 December. Further details and restrictions are noted below:
- Memberships automatically resumed as of Monday (23.11.2020).
- Swim lessons are resuming tomorrow, Wednesday 2 December as per their current schedule/time (no need to re-enrol).
- Recreational swimming is once again permitted in our pools. Please note recreational swimming times may be restricted during periods of heavy use (i.e. swimming lessons) to adhere to occupancy requirements. Bookings are strongly encouraged on the YMCA SA App for aqua fitness.
- Aligned to new requirements on contact tracing, all centre visitors must scan the QR code displayed at entrances with their mobile phone and the mySA GOV app. If you are unable to use the QR code you will be required to complete a manual check-in form. For further information on how to use this government system visit the Covid-19.sa.gov.au website.
- The gym is open (no requirement to 'book a session', just drop-in). 24/7 (if available at the Centre) is operational.
- Group fitness is open (strongly encouraged to book on YMCA SA App).
- KidsClub (if available at the Centre) will be open.
- Stadium sports and squash (if available at the Centre), including user groups and casual drop-in, are available as of Wednesday, 2 December.
- Water fountains are closed. Strict adherence to 1 person per 4 sq.m and 1.5m social distancing (group fitness class occupancies reduced).
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Membership & Swim Lesson Suspension Information
Our Response to COVID-19
Our response to COVID-19 is constantly changing to adapt to updates in restrictions and industry best practice.
- COVID Marshals will be on duty during staffed hours to ensure all aspects of our centres COVID Safe Plans are adhered to.
- As required, classes and programs may be slightly modified to be COVID safe. Examples include reduced occupancies, changes to delivery to reduce contact and ensure social distancing, reduced equipment sharing and increased cleaning of equipment.
- We are meticulously cleaning and sanitising the centre more than ever before. You will see us throughout the day sanitising high contact locations (doors, handles, equipment, etc). In addition, every evening professional cleaners sanitise our facilities and have been briefed on COVID-19 specific cleaning requirements.
- You will see plenty of signage and communications reinforcing density/occupancy, social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures. In addition to informing you of these requirements, the signage is also present to remind you of the important role you play.
- Come ready to work out, exercise and be active - government recommendation is to keep visits within 1.5 hours.
- Hygiene stations will be placed at entrances and throughout our centres. Please use hand sanitizer frequently, upon entering, exiting, and throughout your time in the centre.
- Proactively monitored by staff, we ask our customers to abide by occupancy/density restrictions. Signage will be placed accordingly reinforcing social distancing requirements (1.5m distances) and noting specific occupancy limits in spaces.
- Customers showing cold/flu-like indications (cough, fever and/or respiratory symptoms) are not permitted in the facility until these symptoms have cleared for a number of days.
- We strongly encourage payment by EFTPOS (debit card/credit card/mobile payment).
- Whenever possible members will be directed online for new memberships, program enrollments, group fitness bookings, outstanding balance payments, etc.
- Water fountains are only available for filling water bottles.
- We encourage all staff and customers to download the COVIDSafe app. All staff have completed COVID-19 infection control training.
- Member and visit pass holder attendance is tracked via card scanning and will be used for contact tracing purposes if required.