Response & Updates
22/07/2021 Covid-19 Update
As mandated by the State Government all YMCA South Australia recreation facilities and programs are currently closed.
We are hoping, and planning, to re-open on Wednesday 28 July. However, we are considering this resumption date as tentative for now, waiting to see how the situation develops.
No action is required from you. All members and program enrolments are automatically on suspension and will automatically be taken off of suspension once the Centre re-opens. Nobody will be financially disadvantaged due to the closure.
We will be in touch once a re-opening date is confirmed, at which point we will confirm how fees will be calculated and when the direct debit will be charged. As the Centre is closed, phones will not be monitored.
Stay safe and we hope to see you soon!
Our Response to COVID-19
Our response to COVID-19 is constantly changing to adapt to updates in restrictions and industry best practice.
- COVID Marshals will be on duty during staffed hours to ensure all aspects of our centres COVID Safe Plans are adhered to.
- As required, classes and programs may be slightly modified to be COVID safe. Examples include reduced occupancies, changes to delivery to reduce contact and ensure social distancing, reduced equipment sharing and increased cleaning of equipment.
- We are meticulously cleaning and sanitising the centre more than ever before. You will see us throughout the day sanitising high contact locations (doors, handles, equipment, etc). In addition, every evening professional cleaners sanitise our facilities and have been briefed on COVID-19 specific cleaning requirements.
- You will see plenty of signage and communications reinforcing density/occupancy, social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures. In addition to informing you of these requirements, the signage is also present to remind you of the important role you play.
- Come ready to work out, exercise and be active - government recommendation is to keep visits within 1.5 hours.
- Hygiene stations will be placed at entrances and throughout our centres. Please use hand sanitizer frequently, upon entering, exiting, and throughout your time in the centre.
- Proactively monitored by staff, we ask our customers to abide by occupancy/density restrictions. Signage will be placed accordingly reinforcing social distancing requirements (1.5m distances) and noting specific occupancy limits in spaces.
- Customers showing cold/flu-like indications (cough, fever and/or respiratory symptoms) are not permitted in the facility until these symptoms have cleared for a number of days.
- We strongly encourage payment by EFTPOS (debit card/credit card/mobile payment).
- Whenever possible members will be directed online for new memberships, program enrollments, group fitness bookings, outstanding balance payments, etc.
- Water fountains are only available for filling water bottles.
- We encourage all staff and customers to download the COVIDSafe app. All staff have completed COVID-19 infection control training.
- Member and visit pass holder attendance is tracked via card scanning and will be used for contact tracing purposes if required.