COVID 19 - Response & Updates
We're aiming to reopen Tuesday 9 June!
YMCA South Australia is aiming to open all recreation centres and pools on Tuesday, 9 June aligned to the requirements of Step 2 of the South Australian Roadmap.
Upon opening, all centres will have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place, meeting, and in many cases exceeding, all government requirements in relation to COVID-19. Many of the initiatives in place will have an impact on how you use your YMCA. During select and peak times amenities may be unavailable due to occupancy requirements. Please review the below changes and initiatives to help ensure a positive experience.
Key changes you need to know:
- All visits are to be under 1.5 hours. Come ready to work out, exercise and be active, then go home to change and shower. Change room access may be unavailable or restricted.
- Visit during non-peak times (11am - 4pm Mon - Fri) to reduce the likelihood of waiting due to adhering to occupancy limits. Friday, Saturday, Sunday are our least busy days.
- 24/7 access (if equipped at your centre) will be temporarily unavailable.
- Pay via EFTPOS
- Group Fitness classes have less occupancy; it is strongly recommended you book group fitness online (temporary limit of 1 booking at a time to ensure equal access).
- Current closures: 24/7 access (if equipped at your centre), Swimming Lessons, KidsClub, water fountains, group change rooms, communal showers, spa/saunas, school holiday programs, and the following member initiatives (Reciprocal Rights, Free Friends Friday).
The way in which you use and experience your YMCA has changed in response to COVID-19. Please expand and review all relevant facility amenities below to ensure a positive experience.
Our Response to COVID-19
Our response to COVID-19 is constantly changing to adapt to updates in restrictions and industry best practice. As further details of Step 2 are released we will update our response accordingly.
- We are meticulously cleaning and sanitising the centre more than ever before. You will see us throughout the day sanitising high contact locations (doors, handles, equipment, etc). In addition, every evening professional cleaners sanitise our facilities and have been briefed on COVID-19 specific cleaning requirements.
- You will see plenty of signage and communications reinforcing density/occupancy, social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures. In addition to informing you of these requirements, the signage is also present to remind you of the important role you play.
- Come ready to work out, exercise and be active, then go home to change and shower. All visits are to be under 1.5 hours. Change room access may be unavailable or restricted.
- Hygiene stations will be placed at entrances and throughout our centres. Please use hand sanitizer frequently, upon entering, exiting, and throughout your time in the centre.
- Proactively monitored by staff, we ask our customers to abide by occupancy/density restrictions. Signage will be placed accordingly reinforcing social distancing requirements (1.5m distances and 4 sq meter per person) and noting specific occupancy limits in spaces.
- Customers showing cold/flu-like indications (cough, fever and/or respiratory symptoms) are not permitted in the facility until these symptoms have cleared for a number of days.
- We strongly encourage payment by EFTPOS (debit card/credit card/mobile payment).
- Whenever possible members will be directed online for new memberships, program enrollments, group fitness bookings, outstanding balance payments, etc.
- 24/7 access (if available at your centre) will be temporarily unavailable.
- Our Cafes will be open but may have limited offerings such as only pre-packages food and drink available with seating limited to current restrictions.
- Water fountains will be temporarily unavailable. Please bring a filled water bottle from home or purchase bottled water from our cafe.
- We encourage all staff and customers to download the COVIDSafe app. All staff have completed COVID-19 infection control training.
- All visitors attendance will be recorded including the time of entry and phone number for contact tracing purposes. Visitors include casual users, visit pass holders, members, contractors and staff.
Membership fees will automatically resume as of Tuesday, 9 June 2020. Depending on your site, your first direct debit will either be Thursday, June 11th or 18th. The first direct debit amount will be less than your standard fortnightly payment as it will automatically take into account any prepaid credit on your account. For example, if your last direct debit was 19/03/2020, then as of 23/03/2020 (date of closure) you have 10 days of prepaid 'credit' which will be applied once we reopen. In short, you will not miss out on any days of access you have paid for.
We understand the continued need for membership flexibility to enable you to resume your membership once you are comfortable to do so. With this in mind, we have reset all members free suspension credit. This means that regardless of the amount of suspension used this calendar year, as of 9 June 2020 you have up to 4 weeks free suspension to use this calendar year. After 4 weeks of free suspension, the suspension automatically switches to $5 per week.
All memberships will resume automatically as of 9 June 2020 unless a request for continued to suspension is submitted. An online form will be made available to conveniently submit this suspension request.
Visit Passes & Upfront Memberships
The expiry of visit passes and upfront (prepaid) memberships will be extended by the length of closure. This will be applied automatically, there is no need to contact the centre.
Due to the anticipated restrictions of Step 2 South Australia Roadmap, swimming lessons will not resume upon the reopening of the centre. We are working diligently with governing authorities to explore all possible opportunities to resume swimming lessons as soon as it's feasible to do so.